Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tutors Love Back to School

It's that time of year again, already! I don't know about you, but my summer has gone by far too quickly. The sitewide Back To School sale at Teacherspayteachers is already upon us, which means teachers everywhere are loading their carts and preparing their classrooms. What about the tutors out there?

Yes, we have some back to school preparation to do as well. Whether you've been tutoring for years or just starting out this year, you'll be happy you landed on this little linky! Several other tutors and I have dusted the cobwebs from our thinking tanks, and put together our best tips for back to school that will help tutors the most. 





When I hear "back to school," aside from SHOPPING, the first thing I think about is meeting new faces. My first session with students always involves getting to know them. Our next step is planning. We set goals, plan our first few lessons, and get to work. I truly believe that when a student sets their own goals and writes out their own plans to achieve them, they are better positioned to succeed.

This year, make it a point to work with your students, setting goals, making plans, and keeping track of progress. Put the pen in your students' hands, and let him/her take accountability for their efforts. You'll be happy you did!

I pulled a couple pages from my student planner packet to give you a sneak peek at what's inside. Feel free to use these with your students this back-to-school season!



Here's the whole thing...Calendar, weekly planning pages, To-Do Lists, Graphic organizers to help plan out big projects, Resource reference sheets for math and writing. Want to hear the best part? This is a growing resource. That means I'm going to keep adding to it as I come across elements and ideas that will help our students even more! During the sale you can grab your copy for 28% off the regular price (Don't forget to enter the code BTS15 when you check out!).



For more tips from Tutors and special deals this back-to-school season, click on below!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts Lately